Frequently Asked Questions
- A: You will know when to have it done once the grout starts looking dull and discoloured even after a proper cleaning.
Q: How do I know when my grout is in need of professional cleaning? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Ceramic Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Why recolor my grout?
- A: In some circumstances, your existing grout can be soiled to the point it will not clean well enough to be acceptable. Grout can also fade if exposed to excessive foot traffic or sunlight making it impossible to eliminate color variations in your grout.
- Q: Do you use chemical cleaners?
- A: Some cleaning situations require pre-treatment using a chemical cleaner. Our chemical cleaner contains no acid or bleach as these ingredients can do long term damage to your grout. The solution is then followed by our vapor technology removing the discoloration and any chemical residue from the grout joint. However in some cases we will need to use chemicals that do contain some little amount of bleach or acid when the grout is old and discolored.
- Q: Once decided, how long will it take to schedule the work on my grout?
- A: Most of our work can be scheduled within 2 - 10 days, and is usually done on the same day we come out to confirm the quote.
- Q: How do I schedule an estimate with Tile Cleaners?
- A: Simply click on the location nearest to you and email the local office with your contact information or call the number of your local Tile Cleaners® representative.
- Q: Can you tell if the grout has been recolored?
- A: The recoloring process will leave your grout looking brand new eliminating any color variations. The color sealer used is a penetrating color sealer leaving the grout in its natural state as it bonds to the silica in the grout joint. Some color sealers on the market are a topical that will cause your grout to look painted in its completed state.