Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Sealers are different from polishes and are actually designed to keep liquids and dirt particles from sinking into the natural stone. It is extremely important to have your limestone tiles sealed. All limestone tiles should be sealed when they are first installed; this initial seal can last up to 15 years. It is important to call us as soon as your limestone floors are installed so we can protect them before any accidental permanent damage occurs.
Q: Why is it important for me to have my limestone tiles sealed? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What kind of sealer do you apply? And will it affect the texture of my limestone tiles?
- A: All of our sealing products are water based, we do not apply solvent- based sealer except in certain cases where it is the only option. The sealer will not affect the texture of your limestone tiles in any way; however, it will protect your limestone from staining and maintain that lustrous, natural finish you are looking for.
- Q: How do I know if my limestone floors need sealing?
- A: Tile Cleaners® advise the simple "water test". The water test is well known in the stone industry and it will help you determine whether your limestone floors require sealing. First you need to place a few drops of water on your stone and let it set for around 10 to 30 minutes then wipe it dry. If your stone did not darken, it means your limestone is perfectly sealed and does not require sealing, but if it has darkened, it means that the water was able to penetrate your stone and sealing is required.
- Q: Do you provide colour enhancing, and how does it work?
- A: Yes we do. Colour enhancer is a compound designed to enrich the natural look of limestone tiles. It darkens and enhances the colour of your tiles and brings out the natural beauty in your limestone, giving a slight wet look/low sheen.
- Q: Does sealing my limestone floors hide scratches and etches?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colour enhancing sealer may help hide those nasty scratches you have, but we cannot guarantee that they return to their original condition. Deepshield™ Penetrating Colour Enhancing Sealer darkens your limestone tiles by up to 20% and can help camouflage etches, restoring the natural, new look of your limestone floors.
- Q: What is a sealer?
- A: A sealer is a liquid, or carrier containing a resin that is applied to porous natural stone or porous man made surfaces that helps prevent staining from water and/or oil based materials as well as help to achieve better results when cleaning your surfaces.