Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Yes, here at Tile Cleaners® we provide a variety of top quality sealers to seal your limestone tiles, whether you choose to use an Impregnating Sealer or a Topical Sealer for your limestone tiles depending on your needs.
Q: Are there different types of sealer for limestone tiles? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Does sealing my limestone floors hide scratches and etches?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colour enhancing sealer may help hide those nasty scratches you have, but we cannot guarantee that they return to their original condition. Deepshield™ Penetrating Colour Enhancing Sealer darkens your limestone tiles by up to 20% and can help camouflage etches, restoring the natural, new look of your limestone floors.
- Q: How will you charge me for sealing my limestone tiles?
- A: Tile Cleaners® charge per square meter for each separate limestone room. There is a price list on the Tile Cleaners® website for you to review. Before we begin our work we will measure each room individually, confirm the work to be carried out as well as confirm all costs with you.
- Q: How long does it take to reseal my limestone floors?
- A: It all depends on the size of the area that we are sealing but most jobs take 4 - 8 hours to complete. We do cleaning and resealing in the same day so you don't have to fuss with more than one appointment.
- Q: Why is it important for me to have my limestone tiles sealed?
- A: Sealers are different from polishes and are actually designed to keep liquids and dirt particles from sinking into the natural stone. It is extremely important to have your limestone tiles sealed. All limestone tiles should be sealed when they are first installed; this initial seal can last up to 15 years. It is important to call us as soon as your limestone floors are installed so we can protect them before any accidental permanent damage occurs.
- Q: What can I do to keep my limestone tiles looking new after sealing them?
- A: To keep your limestone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the limestone surface. Strong detergents(strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your limestone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection your limestone tiles can receive against staining.