Frequently Asked Questions
- A: We recommend that you measure each area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 meters long and 2 meters wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
Q: How do I measure the size of the grout area to be sealed? - Grout Color Sealing
Other FAQs :
- Q: Can I seal just the grout lines if my tiles cannot be sealed?
- A: Yes you can and it is recommended to seal your grout lines especially if they are a light colour, this will save you the likely cost of having to regrout your tiles only a few years after installation.
- Q: How will you charge me for sealing my grout?
- A: Tile Cleaners® charge per square meter for grout sealing. There is a price list on the Tile Cleaners® website for you to review. Before we begin our work we will measure the area individually, confirm the work to be carried out as well as confirm all costs with you.
- Q: Are there different types of grout sealer?
- A: Essentially no. A "grout only" seal should be applied with a penetrating sealer as a topical seal(or surface sealer) will flake and the area will look ununiformed. If you seal the entire tiled area with a topical sealer then that will adhere to the grout better.
- Q: How long does the sealer last?
- A: This depends on the type of sealer you decide to seal your tiles with. Topical sealers usually have a lifetime of around 3 years, while impregnating sealers have a lifetime of up to 15 years. On vertical surfaces impregnating sealers could last a lifetime, however, on heavy walkway areas or heavily used areas such as shower recesses, the areas should be checked more often and re-sealed if necessary.
- Q: What should I do to prepare for grout sealing?
- A: Move all items from the area being sealed so it is ready for when we arrive.
For More QuestionsFAQs » Grout Color Sealing