Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Deepshield™ Impregnating Penetrating Sealer does not alter the slipperiness of your limestone tiles' surface as the sealer penetrates the top layer of your limestone. Topical Sealer may result in your limestone floors becoming slippery when wet. To maintain the look and slip resistance of your limestone and to prevent damaging moisture from being trapped within the stone, it is recommended to seal your surfaces with a high quality, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer.
Q: Will the sealer make my limestone floors slippery? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Will the colour enhancer affect the texture of my limestone floors?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colours enhancer will not affect the texture of your limestone, however, it will enhance the colour of your limestone tiles and bring out the natural beauty of your surfaces.
- Q: Does sealing my limestone floors hide scratches and etches?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colour enhancing sealer may help hide those nasty scratches you have, but we cannot guarantee that they return to their original condition. Deepshield™ Penetrating Colour Enhancing Sealer darkens your limestone tiles by up to 20% and can help camouflage etches, restoring the natural, new look of your limestone floors.
- Q: Do you provide colour enhancing, and how does it work?
- A: Yes we do. Colour enhancer is a compound designed to enrich the natural look of limestone tiles. It darkens and enhances the colour of your tiles and brings out the natural beauty in your limestone, giving a slight wet look/low sheen.
- Q: How long does it take for my limestone tiles to dry?
- A: It takes 4 hours to be touch dry and normally 24 hours for the sealer to fully cure, which is when you can put everything back into place. Nothing hard such as furniture can be moved on to the tiles and grout for at least 24 hours.
- Q: How long does the sealer last?
- A: Tile Cleaners® apply two main types of high quality sealer, deep penetrating sealer and topical sealer. Topical Sealer has lifetime expectancy of around 3 years and Australia's Deepshield™ range of impregnating water based sealer's last for up to 10 years while Deepshield™ Gold based on the latest fluoro-bond technology can last for up to 15 years dependent on usage and weather conditions.