Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Deepshield™ Impregnating Penetrating Sealer does not alter the slipperiness of your limestone tiles' surface as the sealer penetrates the top layer of your limestone. Topical Sealer may result in your limestone floors becoming slippery when wet. To maintain the look and slip resistance of your limestone and to prevent damaging moisture from being trapped within the stone, it is recommended to seal your surfaces with a high quality, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer.
Q: Will the sealer make my limestone floors slippery? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What is acid etching and how can I protect my limestone against it?
- A: Any acidic substance is harmful for your limestone tiles, they can be etched(eaten/corroded) easily and sealing against acid attack is very difficult. The best way to protect your limestone tiles from acid attack is to seal and clean spills immediately. The high porosity of stone based tiles makes sealing a must in order to provide protection against future acid attack and liquid spillage.
- Q: Will you help me move my furniture?
- A: Tile Cleaners® technicians can help to move items that one person could be expected to move such as furniture with wheels, light furniture, tables and chairs, however as Tile Cleaners® insurance covers our restoration services, we will not be held liable for any damage caused to furniture or property you request our technicians to move.
- Q: What can I do to keep my limestone tiles looking new after sealing them?
- A: To keep your limestone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the limestone surface. Strong detergents(strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your limestone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection your limestone tiles can receive against staining.
- Q: What is a sealer?
- A: A sealer is a liquid, or carrier containing a resin that is applied to porous natural stone or porous man made surfaces that helps prevent staining from water and/or oil based materials as well as help to achieve better results when cleaning your surfaces.
- Q: Do you provide colour enhancing, and how does it work?
- A: Yes we do. Colour enhancer is a compound designed to enrich the natural look of limestone tiles. It darkens and enhances the colour of your tiles and brings out the natural beauty in your limestone, giving a slight wet look/low sheen.