Frequently Asked Questions
- A: All of our sealing products are water based, we do not apply solvent- based sealer except in certain cases where it is the only option. The sealer will not affect the texture of your limestone tiles in any way; however, it will protect your limestone from staining and maintain that lustrous, natural finish you are looking for.
Q: What kind of sealer do you apply? And will it affect the texture of my limestone tiles? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What should I do to prepare my limestone floors before sealing?
- A: Move all furniture and items off your limestone floors so they are ready for when we arrive.
- Q: Will you help me move my furniture?
- A: Tile Cleaners® technicians can help to move items that one person could be expected to move such as furniture with wheels, light furniture, tables and chairs, however as Tile Cleaners® insurance covers our restoration services, we will not be held liable for any damage caused to furniture or property you request our technicians to move.
- Q: Do you provide colour enhancing, and how does it work?
- A: Yes we do. Colour enhancer is a compound designed to enrich the natural look of limestone tiles. It darkens and enhances the colour of your tiles and brings out the natural beauty in your limestone, giving a slight wet look/low sheen.
- Q: How do I know if my limestone floors need sealing?
- A: Tile Cleaners® advise the simple "water test". The water test is well known in the stone industry and it will help you determine whether your limestone floors require sealing. First you need to place a few drops of water on your stone and let it set for around 10 to 30 minutes then wipe it dry. If your stone did not darken, it means your limestone is perfectly sealed and does not require sealing, but if it has darkened, it means that the water was able to penetrate your stone and sealing is required.
- Q: Does sealing my limestone floors hide scratches and etches?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colour enhancing sealer may help hide those nasty scratches you have, but we cannot guarantee that they return to their original condition. Deepshield™ Penetrating Colour Enhancing Sealer darkens your limestone tiles by up to 20% and can help camouflage etches, restoring the natural, new look of your limestone floors.