Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Tile Cleaners® apply two main types of high quality sealer, deep penetrating sealer and topical sealer. Topical Sealer has lifetime expectancy of around 3 years and Australia's Deepshield™ range of impregnating water based sealer's last for up to 10 years while Deepshield™ Gold based on the latest fluoro-bond technology can last for up to 15 years dependent on usage and weather conditions.
Q: How long does the sealer last? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Will the sealer make my limestone floors slippery?
- A: Deepshield™ Impregnating Penetrating Sealer does not alter the slipperiness of your limestone tiles' surface as the sealer penetrates the top layer of your limestone. Topical Sealer may result in your limestone floors becoming slippery when wet. To maintain the look and slip resistance of your limestone and to prevent damaging moisture from being trapped within the stone, it is recommended to seal your surfaces with a high quality, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer.
- Q: What is acid etching and how can I protect my limestone against it?
- A: Any acidic substance is harmful for your limestone tiles, they can be etched(eaten/corroded) easily and sealing against acid attack is very difficult. The best way to protect your limestone tiles from acid attack is to seal and clean spills immediately. The high porosity of stone based tiles makes sealing a must in order to provide protection against future acid attack and liquid spillage.
- Q: What can I do to keep my limestone tiles looking new after sealing them?
- A: To keep your limestone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the limestone surface. Strong detergents(strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your limestone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection your limestone tiles can receive against staining.
- Q: What kind of sealer do you apply? And will it affect the texture of my limestone tiles?
- A: All of our sealing products are water based, we do not apply solvent- based sealer except in certain cases where it is the only option. The sealer will not affect the texture of your limestone tiles in any way; however, it will protect your limestone from staining and maintain that lustrous, natural finish you are looking for.
- Q: How long does it take to reseal my limestone floors?
- A: It all depends on the size of the area that we are sealing but most jobs take 4 - 8 hours to complete. We do cleaning and resealing in the same day so you don't have to fuss with more than one appointment.