Frequently Asked Questions
- A: It all depends on the size of the area that we are sealing but most jobs take 4 - 8 hours to complete. We do cleaning and resealing in the same day so you don't have to fuss with more than one appointment.
Q: How long does it take to reseal my limestone floors? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Will the colour enhancer affect the texture of my limestone floors?
- A: Tile Cleaners® colours enhancer will not affect the texture of your limestone, however, it will enhance the colour of your limestone tiles and bring out the natural beauty of your surfaces.
- Q: Are there different types of sealer for limestone tiles?
- A: Yes, here at Tile Cleaners® we provide a variety of top quality sealers to seal your limestone tiles, whether you choose to use an Impregnating Sealer or a Topical Sealer for your limestone tiles depending on your needs.
- Q: What should I do to prepare my limestone floors before sealing?
- A: Move all furniture and items off your limestone floors so they are ready for when we arrive.
- Q: What is the process I can expect when you come to seal my limestone floors?
- A: Our professional team will go through the job processes with you step by step so you know exactly what you're getting. The process includes stripping any previous sealer if it was applied, the limestone is then thoroughly cleaned and neutralised so that it is free of dust, residue and anything else that can affect the new sealer. A new sealer is applied to the dry limestone floor and allowed to set. The newly sealed limestone floor will not only look new again, it will be protected and result in your limestone becoming easier to maintain.
- Q: Why is it important for me to have my limestone tiles sealed?
- A: Sealers are different from polishes and are actually designed to keep liquids and dirt particles from sinking into the natural stone. It is extremely important to have your limestone tiles sealed. All limestone tiles should be sealed when they are first installed; this initial seal can last up to 15 years. It is important to call us as soon as your limestone floors are installed so we can protect them before any accidental permanent damage occurs.