Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Tile Cleaners® colour enhancing sealer may help hide those nasty scratches you have, but we cannot guarantee that they return to their original condition. Deepshield™ Penetrating Colour Enhancing Sealer darkens your limestone tiles by up to 20% and can help camouflage etches, restoring the natural, new look of your limestone floors.
Q: Does sealing my limestone floors hide scratches and etches? - Tile and Grout Sealing | Sealing Limestone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What is acid etching and how can I protect my limestone against it?
- A: Any acidic substance is harmful for your limestone tiles, they can be etched(eaten/corroded) easily and sealing against acid attack is very difficult. The best way to protect your limestone tiles from acid attack is to seal and clean spills immediately. The high porosity of stone based tiles makes sealing a must in order to provide protection against future acid attack and liquid spillage.
- Q: What should I do to prepare my limestone floors before sealing?
- A: Move all furniture and items off your limestone floors so they are ready for when we arrive.
- Q: How long does the sealer last?
- A: Tile Cleaners® apply two main types of high quality sealer, deep penetrating sealer and topical sealer. Topical Sealer has lifetime expectancy of around 3 years and Australia's Deepshield™ range of impregnating water based sealer's last for up to 10 years while Deepshield™ Gold based on the latest fluoro-bond technology can last for up to 15 years dependent on usage and weather conditions.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the area of limestone I need sealed?
- A: We recommend that you measure each limestone area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 meters long and 2 meters wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: Why is it important for me to have my limestone tiles sealed?
- A: Sealers are different from polishes and are actually designed to keep liquids and dirt particles from sinking into the natural stone. It is extremely important to have your limestone tiles sealed. All limestone tiles should be sealed when they are first installed; this initial seal can last up to 15 years. It is important to call us as soon as your limestone floors are installed so we can protect them before any accidental permanent damage occurs.