Frequently Asked Questions
- A: The best time to have your sandstone tiles sealed is immediately after installation to prevent any accidental staining or damage. You will know that your sandstone tiles need sealing once you start noticing patchy sealed areas of the floor and/or your sandstone tiles are beginning to stain easier.
Q: When is the best time to seal my sandstone floors and how do I know that mine need sealing now? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Sandstone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: Is it safe to have my sandstone tiles cleaned?
- A: Yes, our tile cleaning services are safe! Tile Cleaners® prefer only the highest quality non-toxic water based products alongside our state of the art cleaning machinery to provide the best cleaning solutions without compromising your sandstone tiles. Stone tiles are porous and require more attention than man made tiles, which is why its extremely important to use the correct products and equipment necessary to restore your sandstone tiles to their best possible condition. Tile Cleaners® pride itself on specifically catering for each tile variety.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the sandstone area?
- A: We recommend that you measure each sandstone area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 metres long and 2 metres wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: How do I know when my sandstone floors are ready for cleaning, stripping and resealing?
- A: You will know it's time to have your sandstone floors stripped, cleaned and sealed once they begin to appear dull or "matte" even after you have given them an efficient regular clean. If you notice that your sandstone tiles are beginning to stain easily, it's a good indication that your previous sealer is wearing off and your sandstone will need to be resealed immediately to prevent permanent staining.
- Q: There is a stain on my sandstone floor. Can you remove it?
- A: If the stain is new and has not set in, we will probably be able to remove it. However, we cannot guarantee that we will remove it completely, but to its best possible condition. Certain stains might penetrate the natural stone and settle in deep below the surface and can be almost impossible to remove. It is important to have us strip, clean and seal your floor so in the future nothing will be able to stain your sandstone.
- Q: What can I do to keep my sandstone tiles looking new?
- A: To keep your sandstone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a damp microfibre cloth and a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the tiled surface. Any strong detergents (any strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your sandstone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection you sandstone tiles can have against staining, while also resulting in regular maintenance becoming easier.