Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Move all furniture and items off the floor so it is ready for when we arrive.
Q: What should I do to prepare for the sandstone floors cleaning? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Sandstone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What do your restoration services include?
- A: Your sandstone tiles will be restored to their best possible condition. Our sandstone restoration services include effective cleaning of your sandstone by employing state-of-the-art equipment and our technical expertise. Our unique cleaning method tackles the even the most problematic domestic and commercial surfaces, leaving your sandstone spotless and hygienic.
- Q: How often should I seal my sandstone floors?
- A: It depends on the type of sealer used and the amount of foot traffic the sandstone tiles are being exposed to. Australia's Deepshield™ range of deep impregnating water based sealer's, offer long term benefits with Deepshield™ Transparent Penetrating Sealer providing protection for up to 10 years. Topical sealer's have a life expectancy of around 3 years. If you have a high amount of foot traffic or perhaps severe weather conditions, you may experience a shorter lifetime. Sealing your sandstone tiles can also depend on the tiles condition. Once they begin showing patchy areas and are staining easily, you should have them resealed. Give us a call and we can assist you with all your enquiries.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the sandstone area?
- A: We recommend that you measure each sandstone area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 metres long and 2 metres wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: Are your cleaning products toxic?
- A: Here at Tile Cleaners® we understand the importance of your family's safety. This is why Tile Cleaners® prefer to use non-toxic finishing agents as we not only want to protect your sandstone floors, but your families health too. Materials and agents that present potential health hazards are not in our product portfolio and never have been.
- Q: How do I know when my sandstone floors are ready for cleaning, stripping and resealing?
- A: You will know it's time to have your sandstone floors stripped, cleaned and sealed once they begin to appear dull or "matte" even after you have given them an efficient regular clean. If you notice that your sandstone tiles are beginning to stain easily, it's a good indication that your previous sealer is wearing off and your sandstone will need to be resealed immediately to prevent permanent staining.