Frequently Asked Questions
- A: If the stain is new and has not set in, we will probably be able to remove it. However, we cannot guarantee that we will remove it completely, but to its best possible condition. Certain stains might penetrate the natural stone and settle in deep below the surface and can be almost impossible to remove. It is important to have us strip, clean and seal your floor so in the future nothing will be able to stain your sandstone.
Q: There is a stain on my sandstone floor. Can you remove it? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Sandstone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What should I do to prepare for the sandstone floors cleaning?
- A: Move all furniture and items off the floor so it is ready for when we arrive.
- Q: What can I do to keep my sandstone tiles looking new?
- A: To keep your sandstone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a damp microfibre cloth and a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the tiled surface. Any strong detergents (any strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your sandstone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection you sandstone tiles can have against staining, while also resulting in regular maintenance becoming easier.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the sandstone area?
- A: We recommend that you measure each sandstone area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 metres long and 2 metres wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: How do I know when my sandstone floors are ready for cleaning, stripping and resealing?
- A: You will know it's time to have your sandstone floors stripped, cleaned and sealed once they begin to appear dull or "matte" even after you have given them an efficient regular clean. If you notice that your sandstone tiles are beginning to stain easily, it's a good indication that your previous sealer is wearing off and your sandstone will need to be resealed immediately to prevent permanent staining.
- Q: Will you help me move my furniture?
- A: Tile Cleaners® technicians can help to move items that one person could be expected to move such as furniture with wheels, light furniture, tables and chairs, however as Tile Cleaners® insurance covers our restoration services, we will not be held liable for any damage caused to furniture or property you request our technicians to move.