Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Yes, our tile cleaning services are safe! Tile Cleaners® prefer only the highest quality non-toxic water based products alongside our state of the art cleaning machinery to provide the best cleaning solutions without compromising your sandstone tiles. Stone tiles are porous and require more attention than man made tiles, which is why its extremely important to use the correct products and equipment necessary to restore your sandstone tiles to their best possible condition. Tile Cleaners® pride itself on specifically catering for each tile variety.
Q: Is it safe to have my sandstone tiles cleaned? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Sandstone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: How do I know when my sandstone floors are ready for cleaning, stripping and resealing?
- A: You will know it's time to have your sandstone floors stripped, cleaned and sealed once they begin to appear dull or "matte" even after you have given them an efficient regular clean. If you notice that your sandstone tiles are beginning to stain easily, it's a good indication that your previous sealer is wearing off and your sandstone will need to be resealed immediately to prevent permanent staining.
- Q: How often should I seal my sandstone floors?
- A: It depends on the type of sealer used and the amount of foot traffic the sandstone tiles are being exposed to. Australia's Deepshield™ range of deep impregnating water based sealer's, offer long term benefits with Deepshield™ Transparent Penetrating Sealer providing protection for up to 10 years. Topical sealer's have a life expectancy of around 3 years. If you have a high amount of foot traffic or perhaps severe weather conditions, you may experience a shorter lifetime. Sealing your sandstone tiles can also depend on the tiles condition. Once they begin showing patchy areas and are staining easily, you should have them resealed. Give us a call and we can assist you with all your enquiries.
- Q: Will you help me move my furniture?
- A: Tile Cleaners® technicians can help to move items that one person could be expected to move such as furniture with wheels, light furniture, tables and chairs, however as Tile Cleaners® insurance covers our restoration services, we will not be held liable for any damage caused to furniture or property you request our technicians to move.
- Q: What can I do to keep my sandstone tiles looking new?
- A: To keep your sandstone tiles and grout looking new, Tile Cleaners® recommend cleaning each week with a damp microfibre cloth and a mild detergent to remove any dirt or grime from the tiled surface. Any strong detergents (any strong acid or alkali) may affect the sealer, mild detergents and pH neutral substances are strongly recommended. Our best advice to protect your sandstone tiles is to seal them with one of our highest quality sealers. This is the best protection you sandstone tiles can have against staining, while also resulting in regular maintenance becoming easier.
- Q: What different types of sandstone tiles do Tile Cleaners clean?
- A: Indoor and outdoor areas, sandstone pavers, liquid sandstone, wherever you have sandstone tiles we have a restoration solution. External tiles, natural stone pavers and tiles, clay and concrete pavers, pool mosaics and floor tiles in porcelain or ceramic; bathroom sandstone tiles or natural stone floors and walls. We cater for each and every different type of tiles you might have.