Frequently Asked Questions
- A: It depends on the type of sealer used and the amount of foot traffic the sandstone tiles are being exposed to. Australia's Deepshield™ range of deep impregnating water based sealer's, offer long term benefits with Deepshield™ Transparent Penetrating Sealer providing protection for up to 10 years. Topical sealer's have a life expectancy of around 3 years. If you have a high amount of foot traffic or perhaps severe weather conditions, you may experience a shorter lifetime. Sealing your sandstone tiles can also depend on the tiles condition. Once they begin showing patchy areas and are staining easily, you should have them resealed. Give us a call and we can assist you with all your enquiries.
Q: How often should I seal my sandstone floors? - Tile and Grout Cleaning | Cleaning Sandstone Tiles
Other FAQs :
- Q: What should I do to prepare for the sandstone floors cleaning?
- A: Move all furniture and items off the floor so it is ready for when we arrive.
- Q: What do your restoration services include?
- A: Your sandstone tiles will be restored to their best possible condition. Our sandstone restoration services include effective cleaning of your sandstone by employing state-of-the-art equipment and our technical expertise. Our unique cleaning method tackles the even the most problematic domestic and commercial surfaces, leaving your sandstone spotless and hygienic.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the sandstone area?
- A: We recommend that you measure each sandstone area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 metres long and 2 metres wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: Which process can I expect when you arrive to reseal my sandstone floors?
- A: Our professional team will go through the job processes with you step by step so you know exactly what you're getting. The process includes stripping any previous sealer if it was applied, the sandstone is then thoroughly cleaned and neutralised so that it is free of dust, residue and anything else that can affect the new sealer. A new sealer is applied to the dry sandstone floor and allowed to set. The newly sealed sandstone will not only look new again, it will be protected and result in your sandstone becoming easier to maintain.
- Q: My front doors pavers look dull and discoloured. Can you help me restore them to their natural fresh look?
- A: Yes we can. It is Tile Cleaners ® specialty to cater for different types of Sandstone tiles around your home. We will give your Sandstone pavers one of the best professional cleaning & restoration processes that will leave your Sandstone pavers looking fresh and back to their natural colour again.