Frequently Asked Questions
- A: It usually takes around 4 hours before your tiles are touch dry, which means that you can walk on them and even return most furniture items after 4 hours of completing the job, however you can not mop the tiles, or allow them to become wet for at least 24 hours as that can potentially wash off the sealer as it takes up to 24 hours to fully cure. You should not return rugs to the floor for at least 24 hours after the job has been completed, since the rug will stop your tiles from breathing before the sealer is fully cured.
Q: After sealing, how long until the tiles can be walked on and furniture returned? - Tile Sealing
Other FAQs :
- Q: Why do I need to strip my floors?
- A: If you want your floors to be their cleanest and looking their very best you need to have a professional remove as much of the old sealer as possible. Once this is done the cleaning process will be carried out and the new sealer applied. You will have the freshest and cleanest possible surfaces once we are finished with the process.
- Q: Are your cleaning products toxic?
- A: Here at Tile Cleaners® we understand the importance of your family's safety, which is why Tile Cleaners® prefer to use non-toxic finishing agents as we not only want to protect your floors, but your families health too. Materials and agents that present potential health hazards are not in our product portfolio and never have been.
- Q: Why should I seal my tiles & grout?
Most surfaces are subject to deterioration and degradation of appearance through traffic, UV rays, moisture, rain, chemicals, and other impurities such as oil, gas, grease, acids and salt. This can easily result in common problems such as cracking, pitting, scaling, spalling, delamination, dusting, discolouration, efflorescence, salt damage, etc. Sealing offers excellent maintenance benefits when quality products are used such as Australia's Deepshield™ deep impregnating range of sealers.
Sealing your tiles & grout can help:
- Prevent unsightly stains
- Prevent discolouration
- Keep your tiled floors looking better for longer
- Q: Efflorescence has built up on surfaces. Can you remove it?
- A: Yes we can. Efflorescence is a build up of salts and can be removed with efflorescence removers and other specialised cleaning techniques. Efflorescence is typically caused by a leakage behind the stone, tiles or through damaged grout lines. The efflorescence can be removed but it is important the cause of the efflorescence is resoled.
- Q: Does sealing make my tiles or stone maintenance free?
- A: Nothing is maintenance free! Sealing makes your surface easier to clean and harder to stain. Contaminants can sit on the surface longer, so you have more time to clean before any staining occurs. On some unsealed tiles and stone, staining can start immediately. Think of your stone sealing product as a bottle of time. No stone sealing product will make a porous surface stain-proof, but will make it highly stain resistant. Using the correct stone cleaning products also makes a difference.
For More QuestionsFAQs » Tile Sealing
- Our Services
- Types of Tiles
- Types Of Stone Tiles
- Tile Cleaners
- Tile Sealers
- Tile Restoration
- Grout Cleaning
- Grout Cleaner
- Bathroom Tile Cleaning
- Bathroom Grout Cleaning
- Stone Tile Cleaning
- Quarry Cleaning
- Stone Sealing
- Sandstone Cleaning
- Sandstone Restoration
- Bluestone Cleaning
- Bluestone Sealing
- Bluestone Stripping & Sealing
- Bluestone Restoration
- Bluestone Grinding
- Bluestone Specialists
- Slate Cleaning & Sealing
- Slate Stripping & Sealing
- Outdoor Tile Cleaning
- Outdoor Tile Sealing
- Wood Waxing
- Commercial Tile Cleaning
- Stone Stain Removal
- Grout Colour Sealing
- Pressure Cleaning
- Natural Stone Restoration
- Tile & Grout Cleaners
- Anti Slip Coating
- Cleaning Efflorescence Off Floors
- How to Remove Solvent Sealer From Tile