Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Tile Cleaners® charge per square meter for grout sealing. There is a price list on the Tile Cleaners® website for you to review. Before we begin our work we will measure the area individually, confirm the work to be carried out as well as confirm all costs with you.
Q: How will you charge me for sealing my grout? - Grout Color Sealing
Other FAQs :
- Q: What should I do to prepare for grout sealing?
- A: Move all items from the area being sealed so it is ready for when we arrive.
- Q: How do I measure the size of the grout area to be sealed?
- A: We recommend that you measure each area separately. The simplest way to measure is by multiplying the width by the length. For example a room that is 3 meters long and 2 meters wide is 3 X 2 = 6m2 in total.
- Q: Can I change the colour of my grout with a seal?
- A: If you are looking for a new look for your floors, colour sealing may be an option. Changing the colour of the grout can create a modern look at a fraction of the cost of retiling. Dark grout is becoming more and more popular, allowing the tile to pop and dirt to become less obvious.
- Q: How long does the sealer last?
- A: This depends on the type of sealer you decide to seal your tiles with. Topical sealers usually have a lifetime of around 3 years, while impregnating sealers have a lifetime of up to 15 years. On vertical surfaces impregnating sealers could last a lifetime, however, on heavy walkway areas or heavily used areas such as shower recesses, the areas should be checked more often and re-sealed if necessary.
- Q: Does it waterproof the grout?
- A: Sealing is not waterproofing. If you are having waterproofing problems (for example leaking through on balconies etc.) sealing will not six this problem. It is more likely you will need complete regrouting.
For More QuestionsFAQs » Grout Color Sealing