Porcelain, which derives its present name from old Italian porcellana (cowrie shell), is a ceramic material made by heating raw materials, generally including clay in the form of kaolin, in a kiln to temperatures between 1,200 °C (2,192 °F) and 1,400 °C (2,552 °F). The toughness, strength, and translucence of porcelain arise mainly from the formation of glass and the mineral mullite within the fired body at these high temperatures.
Porcelain Sealing Bunbury
We provide specialised Sealing solutions for Porcelain tiled floors, including both tile and grout surfaces.
We cover all Bunbury suburbs
Porcelain tile is available in natural, polished, or even a glazed finish. Same hard fired material and color all through the body. The sealing requirements & methods differ for each type of porcelain tile. The tile must be cleaned thoroughly prior to sealing to avoid locking the dirt underneath the sealer.
What is Porcelain?
Types of Porcelain Tiles
There are a few varieties of porcelain tiles available:
- Natural Porcelain Tile - Porcelain tiles that have not been polished or glazed which are very porous.
- Polished Porcelain Tile - Although these polished tiles have a finish, they are not glazed and therefore need to be sealed. However most polished porcelain tiles in Australia today come pre-sealed come pre-sealed from the factory, and do not require sealing. You will however need to get a professional to clean and polish the area for your after installation to bring up the brand new finish you paid for.
- Glazed Porcelain Tile - Like glazed ceramic, glazed porcelain tile may be the best option for kitchens for strength, stain resistance, and water absorption. Many of these tiles have remarkably smooth surfaces which can be very problematic as a kitchen floor.
What is the difference between standard "Ceramic" tiles and Porcelain tiles?
Most types of tiles that are made from clay or a mixture of clay and other materials, then kiln-fired, are considered to be a part of the larger classification called “Ceramic Tiles”. These tiles can be split into two groups, porcelain tiles and non-porcelain tiles. These non-porcelain tiles are frequently referred to as ceramic tiles by themselves, separate from porcelain tiles.
Scratch resistance Porcelain tile is more scratch resistant than ceramic tile. Porcelain is made from a finer, more dense clay, which results in a more dense, harder body. Also, porcelain tile is fired at higher temperatures than ceramic, resulting in superior durability and stain resistance.
Water resistance - Porcelain tile is far more resistant to water than ceramic tile. The absorption rate for porcelain tiles is 0.5% and even less.
Maintenance - Glazed porcelain tile maintenance is as simple as a quick sweep and a mop when necessary, however if your choice of tile is natural or polished porcelain, be sure that your floor is properly sealed otherwise cleaning could get more difficult!
If you are looking for flooring that is durable, exquisite, translucent, and shiny, then porcelain tile might be the ideal choice for you. Porcelain tiles have a reputation of being extremely durable while requiring little effort to keep clean. With this type of floor, you don't have to choose between beauty and durability. You get both that will hold up great through everyday wear and tear. Especially popular in bathrooms and kitchens, porcelain tile is fairly resistant to moisture and is simple to clean even in these high traffic areas.
Don't hire an inexperienced contractor
We offer a wide range of services that will dramatically transform the appearance, market appeal and capital value of your property. We provide a single source service for the treatment of problems associated with Porcelain Tile & Grout Surfaces.
We provide specialised sealing solutions for Porcelain tiles.
Our equipment can handle both domestic and commercial cleaning jobs, leaving your Porcelain spotless and hygienic.
Our Commercial Porcelain Tile Care Services in Bunbury Covers
- Building Cleanings
- After Building, Renovation Clean
- Insurance Companies
- Side Walks
- Store Fronts
- Power Wash Awnings and Signs
- Gum and Tough Stain Removal
- Strip Malls
- Town Homes
We cover all Bunbury suburbs . Our commercial client base includes a wide range of builders, real estate agents and insurance companies.
Our Residential Porcelain Tile Care Services in Bunbury Covers
- Indoor House Floor & Wall Tiles
- Gutter and Down Spout Wash
- Walk Ways
- Step and Porch Wash
- Pool Decks
We cover all Bunbury suburbs
Porcelain Tile Care
- Sweep your porcelain tile regularly to keep it free from dirt that may get ground into the grout.
- Washing your grout lines with a rag filled with soapy water should be enough for routine cleaning of your porcelain tile.
- If your porcelain tile is on the walls, keep the walls washed down regularly.
- If your tile is in the bathroom area, keep the grout tile as dry as possible, which may include toweling down your walls after you shower or bathe.
- Sealing the grout between your tiles is important to keep it looking clean.
- Sealed grout will repel water better and is smoother and easier to sweep.
- Our Services
- Best Tile Sealing in Bunbury
- Tile Sealing Bunbury
- Grout Sealing Bunbury
- Ceramic Sealing Bunbury
- Porcelain Sealing Bunbury
- Slate Sealing Bunbury
- Limestone Sealing Bunbury
- Sandstone Sealing Bunbury
- Travertine Sealing Bunbury
- Bluestone Sealing Bunbury
- Marble Sealing Bunbury
- Marble Honing Bunbury
- Terracotta Sealing Bunbury
- Sealing Granite Tiles Bunbury
- Sealing Quarry Tiles Bunbury
- Timber Floor Polishing Bunbury
- Vinyl Floor Sealing Bunbury
- Stone Tile Sealing Bunbury
- Sealing Pool Pavers Bunbury
- Grout Sealing Bunbury
- Carpet Cleaning Bunbury
- Porcelain Tiles
- Porcelain Tile & Grout Maintenance
- Cleaning Porcelain Tiles
- Sealing Porcelain Tiles